Punjabis are not just about butter chicken, whiskey and loud personalities. These stereotypes overlook the fact that they have the biggest hearts and a unique style. If you have a Punjabi girlfriend or have ever dated one, you will know what we are talking about.
These women are quirk queens when it comes to dressing up. Their natural style and swag sets them apart from other Indian communities. Pop colours, bling jewels, branded bags and high heels - they just can't get enough of them.
Here’s why Punjabi girls make the most stylish girlfriends ever…
1. Kurti Queen: Punjabi girls have been bred on stylish kurtis and patialas. A girl who kills it in ethnic is a dream of every guy. Isn’t she?
Punjabi actress Simran Kaur Mundi
2. Beauty junkie: Did we mention that multani mitti is their beauty staple? Their smooth, glowing skin is a result of natural beauty remedies.
Surveen Chawla in western separates
3. Westernwear: Punjabis are not just great at the Indian game, but can also slay it in westernwear. With inherent confidence and swag in their blood, they can pull off any western look.
Kareena Kapoor wearing a parandi
4. The parandi: Parandi is an iconic symbol of Punjabi style and culture. Nothing can beat this Indian hair accessory.
Amritsari Jutti is a staple for her
5. Amritsari jutti: Whenever she goes to Punjab, she will get a pair of these stylish shoes for sure. Handmade and colourfully crafted, these juttis don’t just punctuate her Indian looks but also compliment her western outfits.
Karishma Kapoor in a Phulkari kurta by Manish Malhotra
6. The phulkari princess: A Punjabi girl’s wardrobe can never be complete without a classic phulkari piece. A traditional Punjabi embroidered dupatta or sari can make a style statement hands down.
7. Love for brands: Owing to her Canada-wali maasi and her frequent trips to the mall, her love for premium brands is unconditional. From Zara to Gucci, she keeps a tab on all things luxe.
Alia Bhatt in a blingy avatar
8. Bling game: Simplicity is a thing that a Punjabi gal would laugh at - when you are not afraid of that extra attention, why shy away from a dash of bling?
Diljit Dosanjh and Neeru Bajwa
9. A natural stylist: Whether you have the swag or not, this woman can turn you into a stylish dude in no time. Her sense of men’s fashion is on point and can literally transform your style. She comes not just from a family of stylish women, but also on-trend men.
Gul Panag posing with a bike
10. Intoxicating personality: A funny woman, a great drinking partner and a large-hearted person - a Punjabi girlfriend is the best thing that can ever happen to you.