Is there a better invention in the photography world than a front camera on mobiles? Well, frankly, there isn’t. Selfies are a craze all over the world and there are hardly any people who don’t love it. While we keep experimenting with selfies, here is how to get the most flattering one. You can thank us later.
1. Go Higher: Basic rule of photography suggests that when the camera is below the eye, it suggests an exaggerated and larger image of the subject. Well, the message is clear ladies. Every time, you take the camera lower than your face, it will tend to look larger. Beat this by taking the camera above your eyes and adding instant slimness to your face. Magic!
2. Where’s the Light?: Camera, more than capturing memories, captures light. Apart from your face, the light will decide how you look in your selfies. Moving closer to the light would instantly whiten your face. If you are too far away, the image will naturally be dark. The idea is to find a source of light and stay at a distance that is enough to capture your natural skin tone.
Priyanka Chopra's neutral makeup in a selfie
3. Makeup Rules: Loud makeup is completely unnecessary for selfies. Your face should look natural and elegant. Wearing so much makeup that it looks like a cake is a big no-no. Be neutral with your makeup and opt for mattes rather than gloss. Click here to know about the perfect makeup for selfies.
Kelly Brooks against a perfect background
4. Background Check: Don’t we just love looking at crazy selfies with embarrassing backgrounds? Well, they are good to laugh at but you wouldn’t want to be one of them, right? So before you finally click the button and the camera says ‘khicheek’, check the background. Your face is not the only thing that comes on the screen. Make sure the background is clear and adds to the selfie.
Miley Cyrus' crazy selfie
5. Be Yourself: Well, this is the most important point. If you are crazy, let the craziness come out in your selfie, too. The most important part of the selfie is you anyway. Pout, take your tongue out, create funny faces or do whatever you feel like!