Gone are the days when cricket used to be a domain reserved for men. But not anymore. Women are making their presence felt at the stands in style and leave no stone unturned to voice their support for their favorite team. But if you’ve been wondering how to head to the stadium in style, here are some quick pointers that will help you before you head out.
1. Be practical: It’s a game, try to keep your look casual and not sexy. Be dressed down and comfortable. You wouldn’t want to go to the stadium and be tired in a few hours. Do not forget to apply sunscreen and that too with higher SPF if you don’t want to return with a handful of sunburn or tan.
(Photograph: Nargis Fakhri in a Delhi Daredevil jersey)
To know other tips about dressing perfectly for a match, click next
2. Denims: Denims are the perfect way to have a laid back and casual look. A pair of denims with a worn out look can be just the thing for a long day at the game.
3. Casual tees / Jerseys: A bright stylish casual tee is ideal for a day at the stadium. A lot of bling is unnecessary and uninvited. Just stick to a nice sporty tee that goes well with your denims.
You could also don the jersey of the team that you are supporting. While wearing jerseys, make sure your bottoms compliment the jersey and don’t seem to be in conflict with each other.
(Photograph: (L-R) Shilpa Shetty in a pair of blue skinny jeans and Sakshi Dhoni is a bright Chennai Super Kings jersey)
More styling tips on the next slide.
4. Footwear: Ditch all your good looking and stylish shoes for this occasion. The best pair of shoes for the day is the one that keep you comfortable for long. Forget your heels and your peep toes and just slip into those comfy sneakers or ballerinas.
5. Accessorize: The sun shall definitely try to out smart you during the game. Keep a hat and your glares ready. They are absolutely necessary. While accessorizing, you may also slip your hands into a chic bracelet or even wear a ring. The key is to be minimalistic yet trendy.
(Photograph: (L-R) Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty wearing Sneakers and Ballerinas (resp.); Preity Zinta wearing a hat with sunglasses)
What would you wear to a cricket stadium? tell us with your comments