Dressing for the office also has a certain degree of preparations. Things that are ‘appropriate’ for office are often hard to find and even harder to style. One such worry is the collar. While you ponder, let us tell you appropriate collars for office and how to style them.
1. Straight Collar: The typical shirt collar, straight collars define a degree of orthodox nature and corporate tilt. Nevertheless, the straight collar can be styled to introduce a certain degree of androgyny to your look. Straight collared shirts look extremely stylish with trousers. When paired with pencil skirts, the collar lends a degree of dressiness to the silhouette.
Photo credit: Oasap.com
2. Peter Pan Collar: A slightly playful take on collars, this utterly feminine element is something that would look delightfully fresh in office. Peter Pan collars in dresses add chicness to your office look. For your conferences and meetings, play things up by wearing a peter pan collared dress. If pairing with trousers, make sure the collars remain understated. Peter Pan collars look even better in contrast with the shirt so try a salmon pink shirt with white collars.
Photo credit: Pinterest.com
3. Dog Ear Collar: Resembling the ears of a dog, dog ear collars are slowly rising in the world of workplace dressing. Dog ear collared shirts are catching the fancy of many modern dressers looking to revamp their corporate look. They are paired with denims and trousers to add a statement to the otherwise simple look. Dog ear collars on dresses are also used as a canvas to add detailing.
Photo credit: Voonik.com
4. Mandarin Collars: Another refreshing thing for office is the mandarin collar. The safest way to carry them is to take them on your kurtas. Kurtas go well in office and mandarin collars suit them very well. If Westernwear is on your mind, a light shaded shirt would be just perfect.
Photo credit: Fabwstyle.com
5. Spread Collars: For those who do not tick by the corporate clock can find their true representation in a free environment, this collar would be a natural choice. A widely placed collar is followed by a dramatic V neck style. The collar is playful and would look chic in bright colours.
Which collar is your favourite? Tell us in the comment box.