Trends may come and trends may go, but the sari will always remain on the forefront of Indian fashion. With amazing twists and detailing being added every year, the traditional six yards have taken bold steps towards modernity. The first love of every Indian woman, saris are now decorated with superbly crafted blouses which have become the latest canvas for creativity. Even the simplest of saris can come alive with a rocking blouse. While you may be bored of the same neck designs over and over again, scroll below to know the best innovations that designers in India have come up with. (Check out these exciting blouse back designs while you’re at it)
1. Gaurang Shah: The full-sleeved Awadhi collared blouse had motifs near the cuffs.
2. Neeta Lulla: She involved a sheer base and created embellished dogear collars to play up the blouse up. Elasticated gathers around the cuff made it stand out further. (Get these saris for your work wardrobe)
3. Suneet Verma: Suneet added more space to the boat neck. Wider necks mean more room for you to flaunt those collar bones.
4. Shantanu & Nikhil: Truly eccentric, the multi layered halter detailing on the blouse is amazing. Studded embellishments on the shoulder also win it brownie points. (Check out the best saris from Couture Week)
5. JJ Vallaya: Adding chunky mandarin collars, JJ played up the blouse with heavy embroidery and sheer detailing.