Mothers and daughters share the most beautiful relationship ever. From being your best friend since childhood to the one lady you dread the most in your teens, your mother serves several purposes in your life. Well, apart from all these, our mothers are also our earliest fashion inspirations. Fashion101.in salutes these Bollywood mothers who passed on their brilliant style sense to their daughters.
1. Ridhima Kapoor Sahni and Neetu Singh: Neetu Singh has defined style during her era in the 1970s and now she is known for her simple, classy and tasteful choice of clothes. From elegant Indianwear to beautifully feminine Western silhouettes, Neetu Singh looks gorgeous in all of them. The same is true of her daughter Ridhima. Staying away from Bollywood, Ridhima designs for her own label and is spotted in the trendiest avatars. Like her mom, she too dresses with poise and grace, and is always at her feminine best. She loves her pretty dresses, gorgeous gowns and, like her mother, has a love for accessories too. (Some families pass on the genes of style.)
Soha Ali Khan and Sharmila at an event.
2. Soha Ali Khan and Sharmila Tagore: Sharmila Tagore may now be known for her gracefully royal dressing style but her days as an actress were replete with bold looks and sexy dresses. One of the firsts to sport a bikini (click here to see how), Sharmila started several trends in India. From sari blouses with puffed shoulders to her confidence in Westernwear, Sharmila taught the Indian masses to take risks with their clothing. With Soha Ali Khan, the case is similar. Soha’s confidence is as amazing as Sharmila’s. This can be seen in her bikini avatars and her Western looks. She carries her dresses, pant suits and denims amazingly well. When it comes to wearing Indian silhouettes, Soha looks nothing less than the blue-blooded woman she is. (Check out the most stylish royals India has ever seen.)
Dimple Kapadia and Twinkle Khanna in Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
3. Dimple Kapadia and Twinkle Khanna: One of the steamiest moments on Indian celluloid was Dimple Kapadia in a swimsuit in the film ‘Bobby’. The lady was then known for her bold fashion sense and her ability to carry Western silhouettes. With time, Dimpla Kapadia has aged gracefully and is mostly spotted in her graceful saris and aesthetic kurtas. White and ivory seem to her favourite shades. Her witty daughter Twinkle too has an air of grace and sophistication about her. Mrs Funny Bones keeps it feminine and classy, whether it’s an Indian suit or a Western outfit. (Here are Bollywood’s most stylish star kids.)
Like mother-like daughter. Konkana reflects Aparna's image.
2. Aparna Sen and Konkana Sen: While both are revered actors in the Indian film fraternity, Aparna clearly has a lead with 3 National Awards against her name. The yesteryear actress is spotted wearing lovely silk and cotton saris with interesting blouses. She has a love for tribal accessories. Konkana Sen is a replica of her mother when it comes to style. She, too, has a liking for tasteful Indian silhouettes and particularly saris. She dresses in elegant cotton and silk saris and keeps her makeup understated. She plays up her look by accessorizing the look with chunky ethnic jewellery. (Here are 10 actresses who rocked silver jewellery.)
Hema Malini and Esha Deol at an event.
5. Hema Malini and Esha Deol: While the latter might not have charted out a successful career in Bollywood, she has definitely carried forward her mom’s legacy through her dance and style. While Hema Malini carried her fusion looks extremely gracefully in the past, she has now settled for elegant silk saris that go well with her political image. Esha Deol on the other hand has always been a sharp and varied dresser. While she rocks Indianwear with grace, her love for bold Western attires is not a secret. From flaunting her tattoos to her elegant saris, Esha has taken Hema’s style to another level.