Malvika Kaura believes every woman should turn out in her best, no matter what the situation.
There are two things a woman should always look and feel: gorgeous and sexy. Whatever the situation or weight or budget, there is just no excuse to not look and feel your best. Learn to work around your positives and negatives – enhance the former and downplay the latter. Here are 9 ways to do it.
1. Do It Now: Don't postpone looking good until you lose weight, or until that big party or until you buy that dream dress. Make it your agenda to look good NOW, whether at home, in the gym, grocery shopping, going to the bank, picking up the kids, even when going to the salon.
2. Selfie Style Check: Always click selfies before you step out of home. Even better, ask someone to take a full-length picture to see the final outcome.
3. The Right Size: Buy clothes in your size or a size bigger (in case it shrinks), but never smaller. Despite your best intention, it will go out of trend before you lose weight. Tight clothes only make you look and feel constricted and conscious, not sexy. Loose clothes and flowy fabrics, on the other hand, make you look slimmer.
4. Rear View: Do check out your backside in the mirror before you leave home, or ask a family member or friend to click a picture before you buy an outfit. You’ll avoid a lot of embarrassment later.
5. Makeup High: Do your makeup with care and you’ll feel the confidence meter going up with every stroke.
6. Travel Style: If travelling, coordinate your accessories; they can glam up even a plain look. Carry light and interesting jewellery, bags and footwear, and be picture perfect! After all, those photos are going to go up on Facebook for the whole world to see.
7. Plan it Right: Working women and busy socialites should plan their week and occasions in advance to avoid last-minute panic. Try your outfits beforehand and keep accessories ready. For bigger parties and events, keep a backup ready as well. No matter how busy you are, there is NO excuse to slacken.
8. Colour Code: Work colours to your favour. For instance, deeper colours are slimming, whereas brighter colours photograph well.
9. Do Away With the Old: Put some thought into your wardrobe and discard the unflattering garments and footwear. Don’t save them up for home use. From this point forward, ladies, you have to look good even when you’re sleeping.
Malvika Kaurahas been successfully designing corrective womenswear for 20 years. Making people look slimmer is her forte. You can reach her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more posts on her Fashion101.in Blog.