When you are counting down to your wedding day, along with bookings and fittings, it’s also important to take care of your skin. If you do it well, you’ll make your makeup artist’s job easier and of course, look much more radiant. So here are the seven things every makeup artist wants you to tick off your checklist before you come for the appointment.
1. Water Works! The most important thing brides need to do is increase their water intake on an empty stomach. Start with a couple of glasses and build it to at least a litre every morning. This gives the skin a glow that no makeup can create.
2. Get Glowing at the Gym. I know everyone is too busy organising and shopping and generally going nuts over every little detail but do take out time for an hour of exercise to get your blood pumping.
3. Please Stay Away From the Sun. And if it’s impossible to do so, apply sunscreen religiously. Physical blocks are the best so don’t shy away from using an umbrella when outdoors, wear sunglasses and a hat.
4. Prep Work Pays. Start your pre-bridal sessions with a reputed salon at least three months prior to the big day. It should ideally include a facial, hair spa, body spa, manicure, pedicure, body wax, and body bleach. It clearly shows when a woman takes care of herself. She shines!
5. Sensitive Much? If you have sensitive skin, make sure you get your pre-bridal done earlier to test your skin for any breakouts. I meet a minimum of three brides every month who otherwise have clear skin, but on their wedding day get acne. This is usually the result of bad or harsh skin treatments taken just a few days before the wedding at a salon.
6. Don’t forget your nails. Take good care of them and if they don’t grow to a certain length or chip often, make sure to get nail extensions done two days before the big day!
7. Keep Calm and Get Married. Lastly, don't stress too much! Everything will work out.
Chandni Singhis an ace makeup artist and is known for waving her magic wand over brides. She has worked with several celebrities, magazines, beauty brands and ad campaigns. She also runs a salon and academy for budding beauty professionals in New Delhi. Know more about her by following her onInstagram and visiting herwebsite.