The festive and party season is here, and although your social calendar is upbeat, it can leave your skin quite gloomy. Multiple after-work parties, family get-togethers, that one extra cocktail, and very few hours of sleep at night can leave your skin looking dull and tired. Dr Aakriti Mehra, MD, Dermatologist, Enhance Clinics, tells you about a few ways to prevent this from happening and a quick fix for the problems.
1. The first thing you do when you return from a party should be to cleanse your face. Make up tends to block the pores so clean your face with a gentle cleanser and in case of acne-prone skin with a benzoyl peroxide based cleanser.
2. Use a gentle make remover to remove make up, especially from the eye area. Make sure not to rub it too much.
3. After getting rid of makeup, use a good moisturizer to rehydrate the skin. You could invest in a good serum with collagen and vitamin c which would help to tighten and brighten the skin up to a certain extent. End this regime with your eye cream.
4. Make sure you drink a lot of water all day long post any party, to rehydrate your system. Start your day with water with a few drops of lemon which would act as an antioxidant. Trade your daily coffee for a herbal or green tea
5. Increase the servings of fresh fruits and vegetables. Leafy greens, berries, citrus fruit would give you the most benefits.
6. Well rested skin looks bright and healthy; therefore the importance of good sleep cannot be stressed upon enough. Do try to clock in at least six to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep for maximum benefits
In case you do wake up with puffy eyes, place a few cold tea bags for a few minutes over the eyes to alleviate some of the puffiness. Keep your benzoyl peroxide handy if you have a tendency to break out often.
How do you deal with post-party skin? Tell us in the comment box below.