Everyone wants healthy and shiny hair. Unfortunately, hair loss is a common problem. There can be many reasons behind it such as environment, ageing, stress, diet, hormonal imbalance and genetics. While it is considered normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day, but more than means immediate rescue is needed.
The key for healthy and shiny hair is to have a rich diet, stress-free lifestyle, regular hair massages and use hair care products that are free from harsh chemicals such as sulfates, parabens, pthalates and mineral oil.
You can also cure hair fall at home using natural kitchen ingredients. Here are 5 hair masks that you can make at home.
1. Onion juice: Onion has high content of sulfur which improves blood circulation to the hair follicles and helps in re-growth. Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then, strain it. Apply the juice directly on the scalp for 30 minutes before washing with a shampoo. You can also mix onion juice with a banana paste and then, apply on the hair. Do this twice a week for several weeks for best results.
2. Aloe Vera: It contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. If used regularly, it can relieve scalp itching and inflammation, add shine to the hair and prevent dandruff. You can use aloe vera gel or juice.
3. Coconut milk: It is rich in protein and essential fats that promote hair growth and hair loss. It provides instant results. Apply it thoroughly on the scalp and hair. Leave it for about 20 minutes and then, shampoo your hair. To make it more effective, you can also mix black pepper and powdered fenugreek seeds in coconut milk before using it.
Liquorice or mulethi
4. Licorice or mulethi: Licorice is great for dry and flaky scalp. This herb is good for dandruff, hair loss and baldness. Add 1 tablespoon of licorice to 1 cup milk and a quarter of teaspoon saffron. Mix it well. Apply the paste on the balding area and leave it overnight. In the morning, wash your hair with a shampoo.
Fenugeek or methi
5. Fenugreek or methi: This is also an effective ingredient for hair loss. It contains hormone antecedents that enhance hair growth and help rebuild hair follicles. Soak 1 cup of fenugreek seeds overnight in water. In the morning, grind them to make a paste. Apply the paste to your hair. Leave it for about 40 minutes and rinse it. Do this every morning for a month to see result.