You spend hours trying those beauty products and then spend more hours learning how to apply them perfectly. But all the knowledge and experience falls flat on its face when you need to get ready quickly. Below is a list of beauty hacks that would ease your life. Forever. You can thank us later.
1. Credit cards for a perfect cat eye: We know how annoying and time consuming it can be sometimes to etch out a perfect cat eye line. When you are in a rush use your credit card as a guide and draw a perfect line.
2. Fix darker foundation: Don’t curse yourself for making a mistake in choosing the wrong foundation shade. If your foundation is a little darker than desired, just add a little moisturizer to your mix and undo your error.
3. Get a smudgy eyeliner look with a regular kohl pencil: This is so easy that you would definitely thank us for this. Just take a regular kohl pencil and place the tip on a candle flame for a couple of seconds. You can also use a hairdryer to heat it up. Let the pencil cool down for 10 seconds (test the temperature on your hand) and apply to have a perfect smudgy look.
4. Restore your mascara: What do you do with dried-up mascara? Keep calm and just add a couple of drops of contact lens liquid in your mascara and you can use it again. But remember to throw away your mascara in three months after opening – it has an expiration date.
5. Avoid lipstick from spilling onto your teeth: Do we need to tell you how bad that is? Just avoid this major disaster by sucking on your finger. Roll your lips and put your finger in your mouth and suck on it. All the places which could have touched the teeth would now leave its lipstick marks on your fingers. Oh ya, don’t forget your wipe your fingers!
6. Dry your nail paint in an instant: Nail paints take quite a while to dry off and when you are in a hurry, they seem to take hours. A perfect trick is to apply them and dip your nail in ice water.
7. Hashtags for smoky eyes: We all love #writing #hasthtags for everything we share on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. But did you know that a hashtag can also help you have a great smoky eyes effect? Just draw a hashtag on the outer corner of your eyes and smudge inwards with a sponge. Repeat the hashtags for a darker shade.
8. Make your lipsticks last longer: This might seem to be a tedious task but the benefits are definitely worth it. After you apply your lipstick, place a tissue over your lips, dust off a little translucent powder over it and spread it with a brush. This trick would make your shade last longer than usual.
Have you tried any of these hacks? tell us with your comments.