Every girl has a minimum of 10 lipsticks in her beauty bag - something to go with her new kurti and something that will add that spark to her nice lehenga. Lipsticks are a great way of making changes to your everyday look, they make you look and feel like a different person everyday. Boring monday morning? Slather on some red to make the day bright. Party time on Friday night? Don’t step out without the prettiest pink on your lips. Just to make it easier for you, here are the 8 best and most popular lipsticks that are sure to keep your look fabulous every single day. They come in great colours and fall within every budget.
1. The Right Red: Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday, Rs 840: Every college-going girl and every fashionista in the country swears by red. If you’re fair-skinned, choose reds with orange undertones and if you are wheatish, choose ones with blue undertones.
2. The Prettiest Pink: Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Alert, Rs 425: Pink is your life-saver, it can make you look like a million bucks during the day and can make your pout pop at night when you’re out on that date. Every girl must have a pink that suits her. Look for shades that are sheer and shiny for best effect, they suit everyone. Matte pinks suit very few skin-tones so be careful about what you choose.
3. The Bold Orange: Lakme Gloss Addict Absolute in Orange Candy, Rs 720: Orange is not the kind of shade that one wears everyday. It’s about experimenting with your look, so try it out because it really suits the indian skin-tone. If you’re afraid that it might just be too much, try to go over to peach-ish shades. Peachy orange or salmon-coloured shades will be best for you.
4. Nude And Natural: Oriflame Giordani Gold Jewel Lipstick in Dusky Nude, Rs 449: Nude is not for the faint-hearted. Just like a bold hue, a neutral hue also needs the right skin tone for it to shine through. But remember, nude is not brown so never choose something dark. At the same time, don’t go too light, you might look weird. Caramel shade ( lightest brown) is ideal for olive-toned skin like ours.
5. Peach Pleasure: Revlon Color Burst Lip Balm in Tease, Rs 800: Looking for a safe shade that’s definitely not pink? Say yes to Peach. It’s subtle, very unassuming and extremely easy to pull off. Only, choose a colour that’s deeper than your lip colour - preferably something that’s moisturising, hydrating and sheer. The peach lipstick goes with every colour in your wardrobe, especially all your Indian clothes.
6. Brown Babe: L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Accord Intense in Fever Brown, Rs 825: Brown is the most popular shade in the Indian beauty scene. But before you fill your beauty box with every shade of brown, take our advice. Never try dark brown, it can make you look darker than you are. Choose light browns or reddish browns. If you must go dark, try chocolate brown.
7. Wine-coloured Wonder: Color Bar Take Me As I Am Mischievous Wine Lipstick, Rs 699: If you don’t like bright reds and pretty pinks, you are most likely attracted to wine reds, also called oxblood. This shade has been part of our beauty kit for years because this goes very well with lehengas and kurtis and almost every sari we own. The trick is to choose a wine-shade that’s perfect for you - so go for ones with blue undertone so that you look bold yet elegant.
8. Subtle Lip Gloss For Every Skintone: Bourjois Paris Rose Exclusif Lipgloss, Rs 785: This one’s for those who hate wearing lipstick. Yes, we all have one in our friend’s circle right now. They hate any colour and wish they could find something in a “natural” shade. That’s why this lipstick makes sense - buy something that’s just gloss so you look like your lips are hydrated. There are lipglosses with just shine or some like the Bourjois Rose Exclusif lipgloss that is transparent gloss but changes into a shade that suits your lips.