Well, if Cricket is the opium of the masses then this country is its fondest cultivator. Not only do we relish our cricketers on the field, we also relish them off it. Some for their social antics while others for their love life, we also love some cricketers for carrying forward their style beyond the field too. We tell you a list of 5 most stylish cricketers of the current generation.
1. Virat Kohli: Apart from hogging on to the limelight in the middle of a cricket ground, Virat Kohli also knows how to get it off the field too. The stylish Indian batsman’s style is not restricted to his cricketing shots alone but is also clearly evident in his sense of clothing. The Delhi boy’s style is casual yet eccentric which is visible in his choice of quirky tees. His wardrobe is full of graphic T- shirts which he loves to wear with a pair of jeans. With his own fashion label coming up soon, Virat is set to spread his fashion sense to the masses.
(Photograph: Virat Kohli in a black printed graphic T-shirt with black denims, dog tag chain and sunglasses)
To know about the fashion sense of "Captain Cool", click next.
2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni: Loved for being India’s most successful captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni is called “Captain Cool” for his temperament on the field. Unlike his out of the box captaincy, Dhoni’s style is simple and classy. The Indian captain seldom wears outfits that are over the top and too bright.He prefers to have silhouettes that are minimal yet stylish. His closet is full of sporty T-shirts and causal shirts which he mixes with jeans and chinos. When talking about Dhoni, can we ever miss his hairstyles? From having straightened long hair to a Mohawk, Dhoni has experimented a lot with his hair. He finally seems to have made his peace with his Salt and Pepper look which we think is the best he has had for a while
(Photograph: Mahendra Dhoni in a blue jeans, monochrome T-shirt with a black leather jacket)
Find out about the style of the "Wall" by clicking next
3. Rahul Dravid: Rahul Dravid’s sense of fashion is an extension of his cricketing style. The ever so graceful batsmen’s conventional cricketing style also has shifted to his sense of dressing. Dravid’s style reflects an image of composure and elegance. Usually clad in his well tailored suits and smart shirts, the ‘Wall’ carries his smart western formals in a way that enhances his persona and speaks volumes of his style. His wardrobe also has a considerable amount of monochrome polo tees which he teams up with his trousers and jeans.
(Photograph: Rahul Dravid in a tailored black suit with a black tie)
Up next, another stylish Indian cricketer
4. Yuvraj Singh: Although he may have slipped from the current Indian team, Yuvraj still continues to be one of the favorites of fashion designers in India. Known majorly for his hard hitting batting abilities, the Punjab left hander’s style of clothing is further enhanced by his rugged look and his untroubled attitude. Yuvraj is often spotted in his chequered shirts and graphic T-shirts. Singh also has a sharp love for accessories and loves to flaunt his Oakley shield sunglasses on the field.
(Photograph: Yuvraj Singh wearing Arjun Khanna)
To know more about the style of one more cricketer, click next
5. Shikhar Dhawan: Shikhar Dhawan and his love for style is no more a secret. Be it his swanky moustache or his extensive dark tattoos, Dhawan always makes sure he remains in style on every occasion. Dhawan keeps his look sporty and stylish. Usually clad in his sneaker and jeans look, Dhawan experiments with his tees but is never too loud. When it comes to his facial hair, the Delhi opener seems more particular. His over grown moustache is a glowing symbol of his style and fashion.
(Photograph: Shikhar Dhawan in a blue jeans and a black leather jacket with a shemagh scarf)
Which of these cricketer's style do you love the most? Comment and let us know