We know that you love your gym instructor for guiding your every move. While the instructor makes sure you do your routine perfectly, we suggest you things to keep in mind while dressing up for the gym. Yes, we know the instructor didn’t tell you about this.
1. Ditch Your Cottons: You probably thought your old cotton tees are the best thing to wear at the gym, but sadly, they’re not. Cotton is a material that absorbs moisture and is slow to dry and having a cloth drenched in your sweat and sticking on to your body is not only ugly to look at but also causes body odour as well. We suggest you opt for lightweight and quick-drying synthetics. They are designed specifically to keep the sweat away from you and are perfect for the gym. Nike Dri Fit and Adidas Climacool ranges have some stylish options.
Neha Dhupia working out in a pair of Nike shoes
2. Worn Out Footwear: We know that it was an expensive pair that you bought last year and you love those shoes abundantly. But wearing them till the sole drops down is not cool. Worn out shoes not only tire you early but would also cause pains in your ankles and knees. Now that’s the last thing you would want after a workout. Take care of your footwear and change them when they seem to wear off. If the insole wears out, change quickly and once the sole begins to crack up, change the shoe. Seriously!
Miranda Kerr in her perfectly fitted lowers and tank top
3. Fits: Do you remember that person in your gym who stuffs his or her body into clothes that are way too tight? If you are that person then you need to change right now. Fitting is very important when it comes to the gym. Do not wear clothes that are so tight that they hamper your movements. Do not get to the wardrobe to pick up the baggiest ones either. Pick up the easy fitted ones and be moderate. Move your arms and legs around to see if they restrict your movement.
Emma Watson working out in lowers and a fitted sports bra
4. Wrong Innerwear: If you don’t have innerwear specially for the gym, you must stop reading and go get them right now. Never wear your usual bras and briefs to the gym. Women must choose a sports bra that is supportive while stretching and rigorous exercises both. Men must choose their supporters carefully. Ill-fitted supporters can cause sprains and major rashes. Choose innerwear that's comfortable and supportive and preferably made of quick-dry fabrics.
Priyanka Chopra heading to the gym sans accessories
5. Accessories: Do not wear accessories that hang too low. Watches, bracelets or anything that hangs too low is a potential danger. So as a rule, do not accessorize in a way that takes your attention off your workout. We don’t need to tell you that you will feel awful if your watch gets scratches or breaks while handling weights. Women should only accessorize with stud earrings.
What do you wear to the gym? Tell us in the comment box.