Ladies, the day is finally here. After the break and a hiatus full of shopping, academics and fashion, you’re back to college and there is no chance that you won’t want to dress up for it. Having said that, we know that the diet didn’t quite work out and the tummy hasn’t quite flattened the way you wanted it to. Well, don’t sob over it now. Fashion101.in helps you with tricks that will help flatten out your tummy for college.
1. Monochromes: Monochrome dressing, particularly with darker shades, instantly reduces the visible width of the body. Darker shades tend to merge with the backdrops and hence make the eye perceive your body to have a narrower structure. Invest in monochrome dresses, maxis and other lowers to flatten your tummy without much effort.
Swipe ahead to read more...
Sonakshi Sinha in a kurta
2. Kurtas: When we say kurtas, we don’t mean the ones that end above your knee. Remember this as a rule. If you are slightly on the bulkier side, you should never invest in kurtas that are short. Instead go for kurtas that have a generous vertical fall. They lead the eye vertically and again make you look taller and slimmer.
3. Vertical stripes: Like kurtas, anything with bold vertical styles will also lead your eyes vertically. They elongate your overall silhouette and take the attention off the belly area. So dresses and tees that have vertical stripes will look super-cool on you.
Parineeti Chopra wearing a peplum top
4. See the fit: If your size is slightly large, you shouldn’t look for completely fitted or completely loose outfits. The idea is to find products that fit you at the right places and are loose enough to flatten out the problem areas. This will take a time but eventually lead to a very healthy habit. For instance, if you have heavy thighs, don’t buy denims that hug too close and highlight the area. Instead, invest in skirts and dresses that will flatten out the area. The same goes for a large abdomen: choose straight-fits or even that gloss over the area instead of highlighting it.
Hansika Motwani wearing a kurta with embellishments around the neckline
5. Distraction works: For a big tummy, choose garments that take attention away from it and bring it to your upper torso (such as a pattern around the neck) or lower legs (such as a long plain kurta with an eye-catching border at the bottom).
Ayesha Takia in a printed dress
6. Prints: When in college, choose your friends wisely. But be wiser when choosing your prints. Prints can actually behave life bulge-camouflage. We say this because the correct rhythm will make the eye bounce around instead of keeping the attention on the problem area. Smaller prints are better than larger ones.