Are you struggling with dull, difficult hair? Just make these few changes to your lifestyle and you'll see your hair growing better and stronger every day.
1. For a quick pre-party treatment, when there is no time to shampoo your hair, try this treatment. Put some cologne or lavender water on a piece of clean cloth. Wrap the cloth around a brush and brush your hair with it. You can also massage the hair and scalp with the cloth. This helps to remove both oil and dirt. It also adds fragrance to the hair.
2. Stress can aggravate hair loss. Try to reduce stress. Learn yoga and practice it daily, including deep breathing exercises. Learn relaxation techniques. They help to reduce stress and thus control hair loss.
3. For healthy hair growth, cut down on sugar and starch. The diet should contain enough fibre. Have unprocessed and unrefined cereals. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. Drink freshly extracted juices of fruits and vegetables, adding enough water to them.
4. Have a small bowl of sprouts daily to encourage hair growth. Sprouts contain amino acids, which control hair loss and promote growth.
5. Avoid having the hair coloured and straightened or permed at the same time. Wait for about 6 weeks before the two procedures. Protect your hair with a scarf or chunni from over-exposure to the sun after colouring, as sun exposure can affect the colour.
6. If you are on holiday in the hills, apply a hair cream with sunscreen. It should be a sun-protective spray for the hair. Sprayed on, it forms a protective cover over the hair, protecting it from sun damage and fading of hair colour.
Shahnaz Husain is an award-winning beauty baroness with a successful line of spas, salons and beauty products across India.