Chinese women are known for their smooth skin, beautiful bright eyes, and charming smile. Even though their skin is on the dryer side, it's less prone to wrinkles. Reason being their traditional beauty secrets. Here are 10 beauty secrets that Chinese women do for flawless, glowing skin.
1. Steam your face: A popular Chinese beauty YouTuber, Jennifer Chiu, once mentioned in her video that she always used to steam her face once a week to cleanse her pores before going to the bed. She has been doing this all her life.
Wash your face twice a day
2. Face wash technique: Chinese have a great technique of washing face. Popular YouTuber Yin & Yang Living with Moon asked her mom to share her secrets on her channel, who has no visible wrinkles. Her 85-year-old mother revealed that she always washed her face first with warm water and then in the end, rinse with cold water. The reason being, warm water helps open up the pores and get all the dirt out, then rinsing with cold water helps the skin to tighten up, thereby preventing wrinkles.
Use jojoba oil
3. Jojoba oil: YouTuber Moon's mother also revealed that she uses jojoba oil on her face and nothing else. She said it is one of the best oils for dry skin.
4. Rice water: Chinese women use rise water to tone their skin. To make rice water, simply soak unpolished rice in water till the water starts looking milky white. Dip a cotton ball in this water and massage your face for 2-3 minutes.
5. Red dates and goji berries: Popular Chinese model Liu Wen told Vogue.com that she eats red dates and goji berries for healthy and glowing skin. She also mentioned that women in China use raw egg whites directly as face masks.
6. Pearl Powder paste: They use pearl powder, which is made from oyster shell and is rich in amino acids. It has healing properties and calms redness and skin irritations. Chinese women apply it typically to make their skin look younger and smoother. To make the paste, mix 1 tbsp pearl powder, 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp honey. Add a small amount of water if necessary. Apply the mixture to your face for approximately 20 minutes and then, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.