Have you always dreamed of those thick and long lashes you see in ads and movies? We know we have… But we also know that it is all thanks to those false lashes. Guess what? There are ways of getting those gorgeous movie star lashes without attaching fake ones with glue on your eyes. And you don’t even need those fancy and expensive mascaras. Read on to know how you can make your lashes look thick and long.
1. Clumpy Finish? For a smooth and easy experience of applying mascara, dip the mascara bottle in warm water (not hot water) for five minutes. You can also dab off the excess on the brush with a tissue paper.
2. For Those Dreamy Movie Star Lashes: Apply mascara from the roots to tips first. For the final dramatic touch, sweep it only on the tips to separate them individually. And you’re set for the red carpet!
Photo credit: Andrey N Bannov/Shutterstock
3. Baby Powder To The Rescue: Tiny lashes? Just dust some baby powder on your teeny-tiny lashes and then apply mascara in long upward and downward strokes. You can repeat the process for more volume. It thickens your lashes like expensive fibre mascara!
4. Unable To Apply Mascara On Lower Lashes? You’re not alone. Many girls go wrong here. A great solution is to use an eyeliner brush and rub it on the mascara wand. Once you get some product onto the brush, apply it on your lower lashes – it will become super easy.
5. Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle, Hon! For extra volume and thickness, wiggle your mascara sideways at the roots before you go up. If you have thin and scanty lashes, you’ll thank us for this tip.
Photo credit: Igor Lateci/Shutterstock
6. Can’t Reach Those Corner Lashes… Help! Did you know that you can bend your mascara brush to reach those super small lashes in the corners of your eyes? It won’t break. Promise!
7. Get Dramatically Thick Lashes: Use mascara in both upward and downward strokes – coating them on both sides – for a glamorous look.
8. Not Happy With Waterproof Mascara? Use your favourite mascara for length or volume. Wait for two minutes. Apply waterproof mascara on top to make it last longer and rain-proof.
Do you have any mascara tips that work? Share them with us in the comment box.